Tips to reduce screen time:
- Embrace spring by heading outdoors to play
- Go for a family walk
- Start a new novel
- Begin a new hobby
- Keep track of your screen time and reduce your time on social media/gaming/programs
- Schedule family game nights (cards, board games)
- Exercise everyday
... Continue reading "Power off and …Unplug for Health and Well-being!"
Healthy eating habits contribute to academic success and well-being. Visit York Region Public Health to find out more about nutrition and healthy eating.
Benefits of Active Winter Play
- Time in nature can help reduce mental fatigue and improve concentration
- You’ll drink more water
- Boost happiness and decrease stress
- Boost of Vitamin D
- Strengthens our heart muscle and other muscles too!
- Social emotional connections
- Curriculum connections
Sometimes you look out the ... Continue reading "Embrace the Outdoors in the Winter"
Think of all of the health benefits when we resolve to move more in our day. Our spirit is lifted, blood circulation improves, energy levels increase, academic achievement improves, we have fewer cravings, and benefit from better quality of sleep. ParticipACTION offers some fantastic suggestions to help keep those healthy new year’s resolutions.
Healthy eating and nutrition is connected with mental health and well-being and promotes academic success. The York Catholic District School Board supports the Ministry of Education’s Food and Beverage Policy and promotes healthy school nutrition environments.
Daily Physical Activity (DPA) enhances student well-being and academic success. It is the policy of the York Catholic District School Board to promote and sustain a Healthy School environment to encourage an active healthy lifestyle. #DPAEveryday.